In the heart of the archipelago, adventure abounds with a multitude of experiences from which to choose. Dive into the culture of Panama, embark on an eco-tourism adventure, discover the vast reaches of the Pacific and admire the exquisite native flora and fauna. The amenities of the Boca Chica region include thrills on both land and sea. Explore the beach on horse-back or while surfing, charter a boat for deep sea fishing and whale watching, dive along the tropical islands of Golfo de Chiriqui or find new marine life while scuba diving.
Go island hopping around Chiriqui Bay, and survey the exceptional biodiversity that makes Panama one of the most ecologically rich countries in the world. Rare species of wildlife are protected within hundreds of acres of pristine National Parks and Nature Preserves. Go bird watching, discover a rich array of exotic butterflies and orchids and find hidden waterfalls. The island and surrounding parks are a photographer and nature lover’s paradise.
- Snorkeling – Discover the most pristine marine life including coral, sea turtles, puffers and sting rays. In the Gulfo de Chiriqui, take your pick of over 15 snorkeling areas with expert guides.
- Fishing – Did you know “Panama” literally translates to, “abundance of fish”? Charter a private boat for the ultimate fishing experience in the blue waters of Chiriqui. Partake in inshore, offshore or bottom fishing of over 30 species including yellowfin tuna, blue marlin and mahi mahi.
- Diving – Dive into one of the most biologically diverse gulfs in the world. Because Panama is dedicated to ecological preservation, Chiriqui National Marine Park is teaming with a variety of exotic marine life including stingrays, triggerfish, moray eels, turtles and puffers.
- Horseback riding – Reconnect with nature and take a ride through the sandy beaches, or enjoy a leisurely stroll (other word here) through the rainforest on horseback.
- Surfing – Perfect for beginners and advanced surfers, Boca Brava offers several unspoiled surfing areas including Las Lajas, Isla Silva de Afuera and Isla Silva de Adentro.
- Whale watching – During the months of February and March as well as July through September, be enthralled by these gentle giants of the sea, the humpack whale. Don’t forget your camera!
- Island Hopping – Discover Chiriqui’s turquoise waters & white sand beaches. Go island hopping to best experience what this stunning region has to offer from diverse landscape to fascinating history, wildlife and more. From Bolaños Island, Parida Island and Gámez in the south to Islas Secas and Las Ventanas Island, it has never been easier to explore them. From rural getaways to isles lying just off the mainland. Take your boat or rent a boat and discover fascinating wildlife and attractions