Consistently ranked as one of the happiest countries in the world to reside, Panama invites retirees to indulge in its one-of-a-kind haven for those looking for an affordable retirement overseas.
Nestled just outside the second largest – and fastest growing – city of David, Catalaya offers an active adult community in Panama, rated one of the top places in the world for exotic destination retirement.
Abundant with a range of activities and entertainment, the province of Chiriqui is truly an untapped, hidden paradise that suits all types of varying personal hobbies and interests. From island hopping to world class fishing and diving and a booming first world infrastructure, there is no question why this region is quickly becoming one of the best – if not the best – places people are choosing to make their new home.
Catalaya’s remote but accessible positioning in the heart of the archipelago welcomes future home owners to be among the first to establish residence in a unique, pristine environment while maintaining a comfortable and safe living experience surrounded by protected reserves – nourishing the indigenous native cultures of the land.
Rich with native culture, biodiversity and ecotourism, the cost of living remains exceptionally low – allowing residents to take advantage of the finer attributes of post-retirement living, no longer having to worry about breaking the bank or living on a strict budget. The burdens of what used to be daily living expenses are instantly lessened; giving you the opportunity to finally bask in the luxuries you have always dreamed about.
Take a moment to explore the multitude of experiences that await and why Catalaya Communities are right for you now, and in the years – and decades – to come. Join us, as we show you the beauty of the country, giving you the ability to afford a comfortable, yet luxurious, lifestyle in the heart of paradise. And most importantly, we’ll show you the secrets to living an affordable, but rich retirement.
It’s not just retirement, it’s a lifestyle. Live rich.
View this informative video on the region, culture, economy, infrastructure of Panama and amenities Catalaya Communities offers.
View this 3D Animated Video Tour of Catalaya Communities.
Unique Property Features
- Residences starting at $139,000.
- American developers.
- 10 year tax abatement.
- $200.00 a month average Home Owner Association fees.
- Gated community on a private island with 24/7 security.
- Private ferry service to mainland crossing only a 200 meter span.
- Limited cars on the island.
- Valet car parking in secured lot on mainland side of Ferry with 24/7 security.
- Fleet of Catalaya Jeep Wrangler vehicles for residence use on mainland at minimal cost.
- Fleet of Catalaya boats for residence use at minimal cost.
- 45 min from city of David and new International Enrique Malek Airport.
- Several signature leisure pools with restaurants and, swim-up bar.
- American inspired athletic facility complete with Hammer strength weights, life fitness cardio equipment, indoor/outdoor lap pool, tennis, racquetball, spin room, yoga, and classes. Locker rooms with whirlpool, steam shower, sauna, day lockers, locker rentals and laundry service.
- Shopping center with supermarket and pharmacy.
- Dog park, boarding facilities and Veterinarian by appointment.
- On-site health clinic with helipad and American and locally trained medical staff.
- Athletic center with in house anti-aging services clinic.
- Handicap accesible.
- Shuttle service to and from airport.
- Nearly 360 degree water views of Pacific Ocean and Chiriqui Bay.